Financial Partnership Campaign
Last Updated February 2014
The need for food assistance is great right here in our community and you can be a huge help by donating
on a regular basis or making a one time donation. We purchase food at about 10 cents on the dollar, which
means a $100 donation allows us to purchase $1000 worth of food. And of course your donation is tax
deductible on your Federal Income Tax return. We are a 501 (c)(3) organization.
Please indicate if you would like your donation to be applied to our building campaign or towards the purchase of food.
We are accepting donations via PayPal. Click on the link to the right to donate, or you can simply mail your check to:
Open Door Ministry
4301 S. Lilley Road
Canton, MI 48188
A Quick Look Back at the History of Open Door Ministry
- Founded by John Drouillard in January 2000
- Started Thursday night food distributions in the Fall of 2002 – serving about 60 families
- Operated out of a large tent for the Summer of 2003 – serving about 80 families
- Moved to current location where we rented 2500 square feet in November 2003 - serving 80-100 families
- In 2008 building owners closed their operation but still allowed us to use about 10,000 square feet – serving 160 families
- In 2008 building put up for sale with asking price $1.2 million
- In June 2012 we were able to purchase our building for $290,000
And a Look Forward at Open Door Ministry
- In 2013 we are currently serving about 460 families an average 32,000 lbs of food each week.
- Open Door is an outreach ministry to this community and in 2013 we will expand that outreach to help other organizations that are serving our neighbors in need.